Household biogas project is implemented by installing a biogas digester for the household to improve people’s cooking conditions, usually the small capacity anaerobic digester and biogas stove is constructed.
Throughout its lifetime, the project will:
• Reducing the carbon dioxide, mitigating climate change for global warming
• Reducing indoor air pollution, provide clean & convenient fuel instead of coal and firewood
• Re-utilizing the animal manure and other organic waste attractive for biogas generation
• Reducing the smell of an open manure pit
• Offering better sanitation
• Reducing the working time which was used for collecting firewood by families
Haikou Rural Methane Digesters Project in China located in haikou city, Hainan City, has contrasted 15,555 biogas digesters in 15,555 peasant households across 20 towns. The project helps farmers to build anaerobic digester with a capacity of 8 m3 for each household from the pig manure for biogas generation, and meanwhile install a biogas stove with power capacity of 2.33kW for heat supply.
The project could avoid greenhouse gas emission from both methane emission by pig manure and carbon dioxide emission by replacing the fossil fuel consumption. The total GHG emission reduction by the project is 53,680 tCO2 annually.
The project is certified by Gold Standard (GS), and also contributes to the UN sustainable development goals (SDGs)
WHAT WE DO